We at the Mountain need to be attentive to the health of the entire community, including our resident friars, guests and others who visit by following COVID-19 best practices set by public health and church officials.
Following CDC guidance about COVID-19 Community Levels (which you can search and track here for Allegany County: https://www.cdc.gov/
VISITING FOR MASS OR OTHER NON-OVERNIGHT GATHERING
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, a current positive COVID-19 test or if you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, then we ask you to find another time to join us.
- If you’re unvaccinated, we ask you to please consider wearing a mask for the safety and well-being of our community.
- If you’re vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask, but you’re welcome to if you’d like.
STAYING OVERNIGHT WITH US
We ask that people inquiring about being an overnight guest note these safety guidelines:
- Discuss your COVID-19 vaccination status with Fr. Lou or whoever takes your call. All overnight guests should be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot. Please bring a copy of your vaccination card with you when you come to the Mountain.
- For several days prior to your visit to Mt. Irenaeus, please take special care to follow CDC guidelines such as avoiding close contact with people who are ill, etc.
In cases where guests could not get vaccinated, such as for young children or due to underlying health issues, we ask that you speak with Fr. Lou or whoever takes your call about these protocols:
- Unvaccinated overnight guests take a COVID-19 test two days before arrival at the Mountain to ensure that they are negative for COVID. Please bring a copy of the record with you.
- Unvaccinated guests should be please consider wearing a mask for the safety and well-being of our community.
These guidelines supersede any previous verbal, written or electronic guidance. As the pandemic evolves, so may these guidelines. We thank you for your understanding. Let us all continue to pray for everyone impacted by COVID-19.