Why We Need Your Financial Support
Your generosity and kindness helps us sustain and grow our community that transcends a particular place, open to all people, ages and cultures. We continue to be blessed and thankful for the ongoing generous support from visitors, benefactors and volunteers.
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT OUR MINISTRY
There are many ways you can support our ministry:
- Mountain Annual Fund
- Fr. Dan Riley Sustainability Campaign
- Fr. Dan Hurley Legacy Society
- Remembering People (In Memoriam and In Honor)
- Mountain Online Auction
- Giving Tuesday
VOICES FROM THE MOUNTAIN
“From the time I first stepped foot into the House of Peace, I felt a tranquility and a deep understanding. I was disconnected from the world. My phone was screaming that it had zero bars. I was in shock that the Internet was no longer at my fingertips. Yet contrary to all that I was thinking, I felt at peace; I felt like I arrived home.”
~ Rijo Maracheril
“At the Mountain, Wisdom makes herself known in so many wonderful and beautiful ways. You might her waiting for you along one of the trails that wander through the hills. Her laughter is sometimes heard around the table in the main house where strangers become friends and friends and families grow deeper in love and gratitude for one another. Mt. Irenaeus is a home for wisdom.”
“The Mountain experience – spending time on the land soaking in God’s beauty; being in community with people of all backgrounds, ages, and experiences; faith-filled conversations; quiet meditation in stillness with our loving God – teaches us the truth we seek must be found within. Returning to ancient practices of pausing and reflecting has helped me “receive well” gifts that can be found in any moment.”
“I discovered it is I who carries the Mountain spirit close. I cannot help myself but to share about the glory of this holy place. It has allowed me to listen to the stories of others, to lose the fear of going to deep. I am more alive than ever and more willing to dive in with God. When I think of the Mountain, my mind calms. My heart rests. I am home.”
Mt. Irenaeus is a non-profit 501c3, Franciscan community that is self-supporting. Ministering to thousands of individuals and visitors annually at the Mountain, in communities throughout the country and online, we rely on donations to continue our mission — in joining with Christ in ‘making all things new.’ (Rev. 21:5). The manner of life and ministry that we offer is unique and attractive to young and old, of varying faiths and backgrounds:
- Through “On the Road” ministries and digital platforms the Mountain reaches a national and global audience.
- Our communal, welcoming approach has provided spiritual healing for those who have felt alienated.
- Our inclusive manner of ministering to all people draws those of different faiths to the Mountain.
WE DESIRE TO GROW
We want to continue to grow the Mountain Way of Life for generations to come!
- We are working on resources and materials to help “train the trainers” to this way of life.
- We are creating global awareness campaigns to invite others to live our intentional life.
- We are involved in development initiatives to ensure the long-term viability of this ministry.