CARE FOR CREATION
One of the most significant marks of St. Francis’ spirituality is his acute sense of the presence of God in creation and human history. This spirituality guides Franciscans today to restore dignity and intrinsic value of the created world and to support sustainable practices that will preserve the planet for future generations. Our community actively recycles and composts, as well as limits our water use, among other sustainable practices. Please be mindful of of the care for creation when you’re with us!
PERSONAL ITEMS TO BRING
For your visit (for a few hours or a few days) we recommend bringing:
- PPE masks/face coverings during this time of COVID-19
- Informal clothing
- Sturdy footwear (some uphill walking is required between the cabins, common house and chapel)
- Seasonal clothing (a light jacket is recommended, even during the summer)
- Food/drink snacks to share and for your needs
- Other items you need for your personal comfort and health
- If you’re staying overnight, we provide linens, but feel free bring other blankets and pillows as needed
- Please do NOT bring your pets; we love God’s creatures, but we can’t accommodate pets
Of course, mobile phones are an important means of communication today, but we ask that you limit your time on devices and be “one with us” together in fellowship, hospitality and solitude. We can’t promise a good cellular connection given our location, but we can promise a connection to God’s creation!
If you take photos, feel free to share them with us by email at mount.ire[email protected]. Tag us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, too!